CR 1470 (IR 248): M5-D06
Translating the rubbings, which appear to be in an unknown elven dialect, reveals that there the ruins may be one of several outposts. Andoth wants the party to locate and explore any or all of the others in hopes of finding clues that may lead them to the ruins of an actual elven city. The party seeks out the Priestess Allisandra in hopes of learning more, only to learn that their recent altercations with the goblins seem to have enraged the violent humanoids. It seems that one of Allisandra’s Acolytes, a priest named Wellin, has been kidnapped, and she refuses to aid them until the situation is successfully resolved.
The party tracks the goblins back to their camp by the river, where the poor Acolyte is trussed and gagged and awaiting rescue. When stealth and the element of surprise fail, and a headstrong sorceror nearly killed, the mighty halfling negotiates the release of the hostage and manages to avoid loss of life…while making an enemy of the goblin shaman leading the raiders. In exchange for the return of her Acolyte, Allisandra willingly offers her assistance in deciphering the meanings of the cryptic rubbings taken from the ruin.
- Goblins do have an appreciation for beer, and tobacco, it seems.
- Goblins do not appreciate it when you kill the goblins that are trying to kill you. What hypocrites.
- There are potentially three other elven outposts in addition to the one already explored. The names of the four are the Lonely Hills Watch, the Lady’s Mirror Watch, the Whispering Mountain Watch and the Laurelwine Crossing Watch.
- The altar in the ruins seemed to be dedicated to an unfamiliar Goddess.
- The local youth are still annoying.
- The party learns of three major goblin clans in the area: the Clan of the Red Claw, the White First Clan and the Broken Spear Clan.
- Acolyte Burt
- Acolyte Wellin
- Goblin Shaman
- A lovely meadow for picking flowers and being abducted by goblins
- A goblin camp by the river
- Lucius, Taran and Vyeter each receive 500xp for the successful rescue mission.
- Taran receives a nice scrollcase and 2 divine spell scrolls (1st-level Bless and Calm Animals).
Experience Point Totals